Friday, March 26, 2010

Muck Boots


In our opinion, no farm is complete without a pair of Muck Boots.  Every farmer, farm wife, farm boy and farm girl needs a pair.  We are in ours all the time.  They are much easier to walk in than the big ole 3-buckle or 5-buckle overshoes.  We have a friend that swears by them for hunting boots.  They are warm, waterproof and comfortable enough to hike the many miles of hunting.  They're much more comfortable and convenient than traditional rubber boots too.  The stretchy tops make it really easy for the kids (and the parents) to tuck their pants into them.  Ryan's and mine are black, but they also come in different colors.  Quentin's are navy blue and they have some really cool pink and purple ones that Maci likes.  Hers are not the actual Muck Boot brand.  I wish they were.  I think she could tuck her pants into them herself if they were.  They are big brother's hand-me-downs, but we wanted hers in the picture too, of course!   

6 comments:

  1. I really wish crocs would make a muck boot! I spend a lot of time in those boots and they make my feet hurt...maybe I should send in a suggestion to the crocs company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...a total necessity! I have been thinking I should girl up a bit and buy a pair of the yellow daisy or pink polka dot ones I see at the Farm Surplus. Then I could at least show some feminine side of me while shoveling manure. There is always someone driving down my road and I could give them a laugh for the day at least! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wear muck boots in our chicken house, but we wear the muck boots "garden shoe". It's the kind thats just a slip on shoe. All you do in the chicken houses is walk on poop, and we tried to wear rubber boots, but when we walk around picking up dead chickens, the bottom of our 5 gallon bucket would always hit the top of our rubber boots and any poop that was on the bottom of the bucket would fall in our boots, so that was annoying. So, I discovered the Muck boots garden shoe! They are so comfortable. I've had mine almost 2 years, and they are starting to crack (no shoe survives chicken poop long!) so I'll have to get some new ones soon! Lance wants to get the actual boot kind to hunt in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mine....It took almost a year to talk Caleb into getting a pair, but after being in rubber boots all winter he was ready for something better than the cheapy ones. Finally this past week I was able to pic up his boots this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture. Who would think the Muck boots could be so creative! At least things are starting to dry up a little bit so it's not a mucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo. I also love mine. We convinced my dad to get a pair and he likes them too. Wow they are taking over the world!!

    ReplyDelete